Quebec-selected skilled workers
Skilled employees who wish to immigrate to Quebec permanently must complete this application procedure
The Canadian federal government and Quebec have a unique arrangement for immigration. The province has its own criteria for selecting immigrants who will settle in the area successfully.
There are two phases to the application process for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker through the Quebec Selection Program:
- To obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec), one must submit an application to the Government of Quebec.
- You’ll get graded according to Quebec’s standards.
- This document confirms Quebec’s decision to give you refugee status.
- In order to become a permanent resident of Canada after being selected by the province of Quebec and awarded a CSQ, you must submit an application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
- You only use these directions for your permanent residency application.