UW Immigration

Spouse Sponsorship

Contact us to get Spouse Sponsorship services in Surrey.

United World can help you with all the paperwork and process required to sponsor your spouse. We have a team of intelligent professionals who will ensure that everything is done according to the law and that you get the best possible results.

Necessities of Spouse of Common Law Partner

As the spouse of a common-law partner, you might be qualified enough to apply for permanent residency in Canada. To do so, you must meet certain requirements related to your relationship, financial status, and immigration history.

  • If you and your common-law partner have been living together as husband and wife for at least a year, you may apply for permanent residency based on your marriage.
  • This means that you and your partner must have lived together for a minimum of 12 months before you may apply for permanent residency.
  • If you can show proof of joint property or bank accounts, or if you have dependent children together, the required cohabitation time may be shortened.
  • You must also demonstrate financial independence to qualify for permanent residency as a common-law spouse.
Scroll to Top